About your Search

20121101
20121130
Search Results 0 to 3 of about 4
28 million gallons on the way. northern california is sending teams to help them recover from the storm. a second pg&e team to help restore power and coastguard teams from novato and alameda have been sent to that region. >>> under pressure to meet the immediate needs of his city, the mayor reversed himself and cancelled tomorrow's new york marathon. sergio quintana talked with bay area runners that were among 47,000 others in place for the world's largest marathon. >> this would have been the ninth marathon she participated in but she cancelled her plans after seeing the devastation is still dealing with. >> i didn't think it was right to pull resources to help runners when there is no power or today or heat. >> she along with half a dozen runners had trained for months to run the new york marathon. some did make the trip. chris king flew in and checked in for the race. >> we picked up a race number. >> donald made the trip. he spoke to us by skype. >> i it was extremely conflicted about running this race. as long as it was on, i thought it was safe. >> the mayor said the rac
this kind of call. >> he told e.r. doctor and she can't believe it. >> where in california -- i haven't seen carbon monoxide poisoning since i was a medical student. >> tests showed that the carbon monoxide was abnormally high but just about the amount of a heavy smoker. his wife says she didn't smoke. >> the fire department supplying oxygen to this patient so quickly and in such a high flow. that is why the level was lower. >> after consulting with the paramedics, firefighters decided to go back to the hotel and test the grounds for carbon monoxide. they isolated and the hotel guests were evacuated. a potentially bigger disaster was prevented. >> we're kind of like detectives. it's kind of like real life episode. >> neither doctors, they say, think of themselves as heroes. >> its small piece to a big puzzle. i'm glad that the diagnosis i made led to the safety of a lot of other people that could have been seriously injured. >> we have good news. the patient that was admitted to the hospital is apparently doing better. we're told he can now wiggle his toes which doctors say is an encouraging
california. we're told he took off his watch and put it in a bin and covered with a coat. >> the watch had a toggle switch, a series of fuses and series of wires protruding from hit. >> alameda sheriff sergeant even though he was not possession of explosives he had what was needed to make a bomb and his boots were stuffed with insoles just like richard reid. >> it appears to be a homemade cavity. >> an area where something could be stashed. his shirt was military style. it's what soldiers can use to if their arm is injured. >> police wanted to find out what is going on. there is always this is a concern what is considered to be a dry run. >> straight ahead, a slight change of plans where the golden gate bridge and you may -- lake tahoe ski resorts prepare for a huge thanksgiving >> terry: authorities in missouri arrested a man that planned to shoot up a theater during a twilight screening. his mother turned him in. he recently purchased two automatic weapons and hundreds of bullets. it reminded her of the able in colorado during the opening of batman movie. when they questioned him he conf
is 3% but at age 55. >> california highway patrol is also looking for new recruits. chp plans to take applications for next recruiting class in january but becoming an officer is not easy. screening process takes up to 18 months and leaves out of 97% of applicants. they must be between 20-35, no felony convictions. applicants must pass physical and psychological evaluations. >> some people who live in a small marina in redwood city are moving out while others are staying behind are fighting plans to convert the property into a condo complex. vic lee has the story. >> betty and her husband was leaving with all their belongings, this after living here for 12 years. >> it was wonderful. we enjoyed it. we had our little community. >> most of the people living on boats in this marina has left. yellow caution tapes mark the berths. 36 of some 88 tenants are still here. they were all given eviction notices that they would have to move by mid-january. pete's widow wants to sell the property to a developer who is planning to build a 411 unit apartment and condo complex. family attorney says al
Search Results 0 to 3 of about 4